What is PDRN?
PDRN (Polydeoxyribonucleotide) is a naturally-occurring building block in your DNA that helps to repair damaged skin cells and stimulate collagen production. It also has tissue repairing and anti-inflammatory properties which make its use applicable in regenerative medicine.
The treatment came from stem cell regenerative medicine where it has been found to have high levels of DNA extract closely aligned to human DNA.
This treatment is so versatile that it can address several issues in different parts of the face and body It does this by being able to make the cells turn back the clock and behave like younger cells that 'know exactly what to do'.
The highly purified extract (that can even be used on those who have fish allergies) is injected into the skin using a local anaesthetic. This causes small blebs on the skin that usually disappear within 3 days. Sometimes a cannula can be used to reduce the down time and potential bruising.
Research and clinical evidence
Research studies have shown the following effects:
- 115% increase in skin hydration
- Over 50% increase in skin thickness
- 47% increase in collagen production
- 38% increase in skin elasticity
- Reduction in inflammatory redness and improvement in rosacea and acne
- Improvement in acne scarring
- Reduction in pigmentation resulting from sun exposure